I saved a picture of the top below to my inspiration file about three years ago after seeing it on Pinterest. I like to search for the original source of interesting designs in hopes of finding closeups of details, different poses, fabric content info. etc. I was unable to find the original source of the photo.
I used Burda Dress pattern 7 2024 116 as the base for this top. It was sleeveless, had the fit I was looking for and the front darts. I cropped the length to high hip level.
![]() |
| Burda 7 2024 116 |
![]() |
| Pattern Pieces for top |
The back is comprised of one asymmetrical pattern piece.
Cut two back pattern pieces from fashion fabric with wrong side facing. Separate the cut pieces and lay them so that the good side of the fabric is facing up. The pieces will be mirror images of each other.
The curves that form the openings in the interlaced design are faced with the lining fabric. After sewing, clipping and turning the curved seams, highlighted in the picture above, the two back pieces are interwoven, and the remaining straight seams sections, near the sides, are sewn in the fashion fabric and lining fabric separately. See below.
| Back Assembly |
This leaves the shoulder, armhole and side seam fabric of the lining and fashion fabric separate (unattached) from each other. The front and front lining can then be sewn to the back and back lining as you would any simple sleeveless lined top.
I chose a green and white blend, probably cotton poly, from the stash. The lining is Bemberg rayon.
This top was a fun exercise. The part that took the longest for me was drafting the back pattern piece. My top was not as cropped as the one shown in the inspiration photo. This caused the bottom part of the lattice to crease a bit at my waistline rather that hang flat like the inspiration top. Construction was actual pretty straightforward after I realized how it was done. This top is easier to wear that the other back interest top. Less revealing and shifty.
![]() |
| Front |
![]() |
| Back |
![]() |
| Back Interest top 2 |







No comments:
Post a Comment