Friday, October 4, 2013

Yippee!





 I won the third challenge. Yippee!  Thanks to all of you who voted for me.  I was attending a sewing expo yesterday and was checking my emails between classes when I got the news. It made a good day even better, and then I won a door prize later in the day.  The challenge prize was a Designer Button Assortment, which will be much appreciated.  Last week, when I ran out to buy buttons for my challenge jacket, I was shocked at the  meager selection in the store and cost of ones that were available . The buttons  I really wanted came 2 to a card and were $6.00 per card.  Total cost would have been $30.  Too much for a casual jacket so  I found  an acceptable lower cost alternative.  What in the world is driving up the cost of buttons?  I can't believe it is direct material or shipping cost.

This week's challenge is a Little Black Dress and I have got to get moving on it.  

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It was a great outfit and good luck with the rest of the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to work for one of the last button companies that manufactured buttons in the US and even then most of our stock came from China and Thailand. Sadly that button company no longer exists. The truth is most buttons are manufactured off shore so delivery costs are what drives the pricing because actual material costs for plastic buttons is cheap.

    Now buttons from Europe made with natural materials are even higher and have not only delivery but "duty" costs attached to them. More than you wanted to know about buttons I'm sure! *LOL*

    Congratulations again! It was a well deserved win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! IMO, the fabric was not the greatest, but you used it for an impressive outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. That was a difficult challenge and your ideas and implementation shone through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. You really made something nice out of a "interesting"bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your win! I was particularly impressed with your jean jacket. It looked exquisitely sewn! I also LOVED your earlier bomber jacket with the mesh bags. Tempting, except I don't buy produce in quantities that warrant those bags...hmmm...maybe I have friends who do. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your win, Audrey. Nice nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! A well deserved win - although it is so hard to choose between all the fabulous clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats. Your dress/jacket was the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on a well-deserved win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! It was great to see you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete