Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sewing Red


Though I haven't been blogging much, I have been sewing. One recent project was my attempt to copy a dress worn by a business client. It was a black and white print sleeveless dress. The armhole facings/lining were red so when she moved her arms, you caught glimses of red. I thought it was neat visual suprise. My version turned out pretty well. My review of the dress pattern and the different variations of sleeves/hemlines I tried can be read at http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/readreview.pl?readreview=1&reviewnum=20473.
I must admit red is my favorite color. I get a mental lift when viewing red. It is hard to describe, but it is like an increase in mental pleasure. It would be interesting to find out if my brain waves change, or synapsis open up, or something. Paintings with large sections of red, red flowers, red fabric. I recently bought Bulgari Ou The Rouge purfume at the duty free shop on St Martin and while the scent is okay, I suspect the red box had a lot to do with my purchase. When I was working on this quilt, I would get a good feeling just looking at the fabrics. I have decided I want to be buried in this quilt. It will line my casket. No shiny white satin for me.
My husband tryed to take advantage of this color preference early in our marriage. He was doing his best to convince me of his need for a pickup truck, and the concluding line of his arguement was "and you'll really like it cause it is red!". I agreed to buy the truck, but not because it was red.
Does a color affect you this way?

1 comment:

  1. Audrey, cool dress! I wondered where you had been - busy as always I see! I'm with you, RED is the best color... but I mostly wear black.

    ReplyDelete