Sunday, February 8, 2015

Cranking them out!


 
 
Another post within a week and a couple more things to show. I am really cranking them out! I  was working on a jacket before the late Jan sewing retreat. The jacket fabric is a color I do not have in my wardrobe, so I shopped my swap for fabrics to make coordinates.  When I went to the retreat, I didn't feel like packing all the  parts of the jacket, so I  ended up completing the coordinates first.  Here they are,  both made from older Burda Magazine patterns.

 
The silk print for the blouse was so large and irregular that it was hard to decide on a pattern. It was also slightly linear so I thought the pleated waist might provide some visual interest. The pattern is for a stretch woven. My silk had no lycra, but worked just fine with no size adjustments needed. 
 
 
Burda 8 2007  117 blouse

 
 
 The pants are wide leg with unique seaming.  I really should do a muslin for designs like this. I sewed them up and then had to unsew them to alter the waist . The fabric is a gray  poly rayon lycra, soft and oh so comfortable

Burda 12 2009 115

Side view of Pant




 
My poor jacket. Can you guess the fabric color?  It has already been preempted by another project. I am presenting the program for next Saturday's ASG meeting. I spent the weekend cranking out samples for the program.   I can't believe I am saying this but I am so tired of sewing right now.

17 comments:

  1. These two look great! Maybe the jacket is a tan/orange colour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful outfit! I think you chose the perfect pattern for that printed silk, and the pants are fun and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pieces - I love how they coordinate so well, style wise and colour wise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, cranking them out is the right phrase. I am drooling over that beautiful blouse and the pants are so chic and unique. Perfect combination of color and textures. Your ASG presentation is bound to be terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color combination in the top and how it coordinates with the pants. So is the jacket gray like the pants?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, that is a gorgeous silk! Love your new outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely ensemble... love the colors and especially the print in the blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous outfit. I love your blouse fabric choice. The comour combo is amzing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit is so you! Love the pants, love the top, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely silk fabric, it became a beautiful blouse. Goes well with the pants. Hope your ASG meeting goes well, I am sure it will.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are lovely pieces that work really well together. I remember making that shirt years ago when the pattern came out, yours has reminded me how much I loved it and should make another.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember these Burda styles! I had my eye on that blouse. The entire outfit is really stylish -- the colors are so elegant. Good luck with your ASG presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous colours. I love that blouse. You've made such a fantastic use of the wood grain look. And the details on those trousers are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely work. I love the understated elegance of your blouse.

    ReplyDelete