I bought it for the style lines of the neckline. It is described as” the bodice side front bodice extending into back collar” I have pictures of similar necklines in my inspiration file.
|Christian Dior Jacket|
|Pattern Magic 2|
My favorite was a flocked scroll design on a sheer woven. I chose a sequined tulle instead because the tulle stretched like the knit I was going to use as a base. I cut the tulle and the ponte knit using the same pattern pieces, layered the tulle on top of the ponte, serged around the edge to hold the two pieces together and treated them as one for the rest of the construction process. I did not have to remove any sequins from the seam allowance like I did for another recent project. The sequins on this tulle were tiny and scattered. They did not cause any problem with serging or sewing. Sigh, this project reminded me of why I do not sew Butterick patterns very often. The neck, shoulders, bust and torso length always require so many alteration to fit me. Ultimately I used my sloper and drafted the bodice pattern from scratch, but copied the Butterick style lines. It was a good learning experience. I did use lining/stay pieces in the bodice just as the pattern did. They are necessary to hold that fold in place as it starts at the bust and wraps around the neck. I used the pattern skirt pattern with my bodice. I did not insert a zipper. The dress pulls over my head easily.