Monday, July 2, 2007

Summer Sewing


My resident photographers have returned from their various trips. One from a business trip to Houston, another from Church Camp and rafting in WV, and the last from a 10 day trip to AZ, UT and NE with a friend. Me, I stayed home with DMIL and went to work as usual. These are the items mentioned in my last post. I have made several tops and skirts for my summer SWAP since then. More on those later. I just finished moving all my sewing photos from Yahoo Photo, which is shutting down in Sept., to Flicker. What a pain. I have to figure out how to set up new links to Flicker on my Blog sidebar. I also have to start putting together my presentation for this Saturday's Sewing Guild meeting. I am showing the "Line and Underlining in One Step" technique from Shannon Gifford article in Threads magazine, March 2004, Issue 111. I took her on line class on Pattern Review and made a reversible white eyelet jacket lined/underlined in red. It was a fun technique. I presented this topic before at another Neighborhood group meeting, and wouldn't you know it, threw out my samples.




4 comments:

  1. Love that green jacket! Is the meeting this Saturday? I thought it was next Saturday - have to go check my calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gingham jacket - is the trim just gathered and then stitched?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, I just checked the calendar and you are right. Mtg is not for another week. Great.

    Laura, I plan to post some picture and info on making the ruched border on the jacket. Just have to download the pictures from the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the BWOF jacket, right? I couldn't quite figure out the whole trim business to save my life. It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete